Saturday, October 17, 2009

Travel Rant!!!

Bear with me...I have a rant. I travel quite a bit. Fortunately, I can usually tap into my Scandinavian Zen to maintain my calm. It usually works...I just don't worry about the guy who doesn't take his laptop out until he puts his case on the x-ray belt, the guy who acts like his lighter shouldn't be setting off the metal detector, or the family with 42 carry-on items. It just isn't worth it...I will get to my plane with plenty of time, just go with the flow.

There is one thing that really gets me...and it shouldn't...but it does. "Pillow Girls"...you've seen them. It seems to be a trend. Usually 16 to 27 years old. They are usually wearing sweats with a word emblazoned across their ass (Pink is the most common), slippers, hair in a pony tail, a pissy look on their faces (that usually says...I got up early and I don't like morning), and they are carrying a damn pillow. They look like they just got up from bed, complained about having to be up so early, grabbed the pillow and their carry on, and shuffled off to the airport.

What ever happened to dressing for travel? Granted, I don't dress up for travel...but I sure as damn well don't wear my pajamas!

1 comment:

Sierra Anglers said...

Hey Chris!
You need to get out and do some fishing! ;-)